Did you know that the Town Council has a small annual budget allocation for community grants. A number of awards are made each year to support community events and Poynton-based voluntary organisations or societies.
The criteria for making such awards are based on the following guidelines:
- Bona fide voluntary organisations or societies based in Poynton, with a membership comprising 70% or more of Poynton residents;
- Voluntary organisations/societies that have successfully applied (or can provide evidence of an application having been submitted) for funds from other sources, such as Cheshire East Community Grants (see www.cheshireeast.gov.uk), WREN etc;
- Projects, events or programmes that can be shown to benefit our community as a whole, and that are also sustainable;
- Voluntary organisations or societies that have not already received funding from the Town Council within the last 12 months;
- Projects or programmes that will also benefit the Town Council and Poynton in terms of positive PR or other appropriate forms of recognition.
The application process will be fair and transparent, and decided by the appropriate Town Council Committee. You are asked to provide full details on the application form.
You must be aware that, if successful, you must fill out a grant monitoring form. Any unspent grant must be returned to Poynton Town Council within three months.
For further information and to apply for a grant, please contact the Town Clerk. email@example.com
North East Cheshire Community Partnership Grants
Voluntary groups and organisations in those parishes listed on the NECCP page can apply for modest grants. Projects need to be aligned to the aims identified in the grant application form which are fairly evaluated by a NECCP sub-committee