Flooding, Flooding Advice, Warnings, River Levels, Contacts .....
Flooding/Weather Advice and Links
- What to do and who to contact: https://www.gov.uk/help-during-flood
- Environment Agency advice on what to do: https://www.poyntontowncouncil.gov.uk/flooding-advice.pdf
- Weather forecasts updates for Poynton: https://bit.ly/2Yekjkn
- Find out if you are risk at flooding: https://www.gov.uk/check-flood-risk
- Search for flood warnings, how to plan ahead for flooding and what to do in a flood: https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/warnings
- Recovering after a flood - insurance, your local flood action group or flood warden, check if you can return home and cleaning and repairing your home: https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/recovering-after-a-flood
- Floodline: 0345 988 1188
- Poynton Brook river levels: https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/station/5201
Who’s responsible for managing flood risk?
The Flood Hub has put together a pictorial guide showing who is responsible for main river, surface water and groundwater flooding and also highway gullies and drains, private drainage, public sewers and utility pipes. There is also a list of contact details for the relevant authorities. You can view it in full size here: bit.ly/2OygL8a
Flood Recovery Booklet
The Flood Hub have produced a Flood Recovery booklet, which includes what to do and expect to happen, in the weeks and months following a flood, in the form of a timeline.
It also includes re-entering a property and cleaning up tips. You can download the booklet at: https://bit.ly/2ThNAEX
CEC Emergency Planning - Emergency Accommodation
If as a result of the flooding you are unable to return to your home and your insurance company doesn't cover you for alternative accommodation, CEC emergency planning say you can contact Housing Options on 0300 123 5017 for assistance. Their out of hours number is 0300 123 5025
Citizens Advice – Recovering after flooding
Citizens Advice can provide free, impartial, independent and confidential advice on flooding issues as well as employment, benefits and housing difficulties. They are based at the Civic Hall and open at the following times:
- Tuesday 9.00am —10.00am Appointments only, contact 01625 432847
- Tuesday 10.00am —1.00pm Drop-in
- Wednesday 6pm – 8pm Drop-in
- Thursday 9.00am —11.00am Appointments only, contact 01625 432847
- Thursday 11.00am —1.00 pm Drop-in