Poynton in Bloom
Poynton in Bloom was formed in 2005 by a group of residents who wanted to make Poynton look attractive.
In association with the Town Council this voluntary group have worked hard since that time planting bulbs and seasonal plants. There are planting areas/planters around the Poynton area and these are renewed twice a year in late spring and autumn.
- Fountain Place
- The Alms Houses
- St George’s Lych Gate
- Planters at Burton Drive junction with Chester Road and outside the Post Office
- Park Lane planters
- Planter at Dickens Lane junction with Copperfield Road
- Planter at Clifford Road junction with Chester Road
- Bus stop on Chester Road
- Bus stop on Coppice Road
- Park Lane junction with Coppice Road and Middlewood Road
- Notice board at Hockley Junction
- Grass verges at Coppice Road junction with Waterloo Road
- Grass verges on Chester Road from Woodford Road junction to the boundary with Woodford (outside the Oil Terminal)
- Planters at the junction of Woodford Road and Chester Road
- Poynton Train Station
- Planters and Wishing Well at Clayton Cottages (Park Lane)
- Planter on Poynton Green
- Planters at the Civic Hall
The Town Council has expressed its sincere appreciation as always for all the work undertaken by the volunteers that make up Poynton in Bloom.
We also have several future projects we would like to take forward which will add colour and enhance the village's appearance.
We hold a bi-annual ‘Garden Safari’ which raises money for local charities and the next one is planned for July 2018.
If you would like to know more please contact Chairman Janet Burton via email on email@example.com