Covid-19 and supporting vulnerable residents in Poynton
We are aware there may be some clinically extremely vulnerable residents who do not have support systems and Poynton Town Council will do what we can to support. Full details here.
A Message from the Mayor
See Poynton Town Mayor, Cllr. Lee Podmore's, message of thanks to residents, discover details of his role during the Covid-19 pandemic and read his New Year message further down this page.
A Big Community Thank You
Poynton can be very proud of the amazing response, which has been offered to vulnerable residents & neighbours as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. More details below.
Poynton Neighbourhood Plan
Following the referendum on the Poynton Neighbourhood Plan, it was a resounding yes from voters with 88% of people who voted, voting yes to the Neighbourhood Plan.
The turnout for the referendum was 25.22% of registered voters, with a total of 2919 votes being cast, including postal votes.
The large majority in favour of the Plan now enable it to be “Made” by Cheshire East Council so that it becomes at statutory part of the planning system. Its policies will have to be taken into account when planning applications are considered.
“The Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group welcomes the result and thanks residents for their support and effort in preparing the Plan. Now the Plan is in place it will increase the amount of Community Infrastructure Levy that the Town Council will receive and will introduce an important local policy and gives a platform to organise future projects and plan making for the Town.”
Neighbourhood Plan in full - click here
The section below contains documents, which were prepared as part of the Poynton Neighbourhood Development Plan, and links to consultations.
Neighbourhood Plan Referendum - what was it all about and what it wasn't?
What was the referendum for?
- Residents and interested parties were consulted on, to ask them how they would like the Town to be developed over the next 20 years. From these consultations a Neighbourhood Plan for Poynton was produced by residents with the support of the Town Council.
- Based on resident feedback, policies on the Environment, Housing, Transport and Connectivity, Town Centre and Business, Health and Wellbeing were prepared.
- The Plan had to respect the adopted Cheshire East Local Plan which meant that Poynton has to provide a minimum of 650 houses over the plan period.
- Cheshire East have already allocated three strategic sites for Development (Sprinks Farm, Chester Road and Hazelbadge Road) in the adopted Local Plan, which provide around 450 houses over the plan period.
- The Neighbourhood Plan sought to minimise any further loss of greenbelt from Poynton whilst recognising the requirements of the Local Plan for the remaining housing needs for the Town.
- The Neighbourhood Plan went through the statutory consultations and legal processes including being revised by an independent examiner which then meant that Cheshire East held a referendum to find out if residents supported the plan or not.
- All Poynton residents who were registered to vote with Cheshire East received a polling card.
- If more than 50% of residents who voted approved of the plan, developers and planners need to take the Neighbourhood Plan into consideration when making any planning decisions.
What wasn't the plan?
- Anything to do with the SADPD (second part of Cheshire Easts Local Plan which allocates the smaller sites following the adoption of the Local Plan in 2016) which was being consulted on by Cheshire East.
- A polling card to leave Cheshire East.
Information and Documents leading up to the referendum on the Neighbourhood Plane
Referendum Date 10th October 2019
Poynton Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 12MB) - click here.
Poynton Neighbourhood Plan Notice of Referendum (PDF, 209KB) - click here.
Poynton Neighbourhood Plan Information Statement (PDF, 213KB) - click here.
Regulation 18 - Publication of Examiner's Report
Poynton examiner's report (PDF, 480KB) - click here.
Regulation 17 - Examination
Poynton notification of compliance (PDF, 225KB) - click here.
Poynton Neighbourhood Plan - procedural matters letter (PDF, 322KB) - click here.
Poynton Neighbourhood Plan - additional question from examiner (PDF, 320KB) - click here.
Poynton Neighbourhood Plan - Poynton's response to examiner's questions (PDF, 408KB) - click here.
Poynton Neighbourhood Plan - Cheshire East's response to examiner's questions (PDF, 154KB) - click here.
Earlier Documentation (PDF)
Note: All the documents, including those below, prepared as part of the Poynton Neighbourhood Development Plan, and links to consultations can be found on the Cheshire East Council website here.
Regulation 16 - Consultation on Submitted Plan:
Poynton notice of submitted plan proposal (PDF, 110KB) - click here.
Poynton neighbourhood plan policy summary (PDF, 502KB) - click here.
Regulation 15 - Submitted Neighbourhood Plan Documents:
Neighbourhood Plan final version (PDF, 10.8MB) - click here.
Consultation Statement - (PDF, 537KB) - click here.
Basic Conditions Statement (PDF, 381KB) - click here.
Poynton Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) screening opinion (PDF, 2.5MB) - click here.
Regulation 14 – Pre-submission Consultation:
Consultation on the draft neighbourhood plan is closed and complete.
Poynton draft Neighbourhood Plan (PDF, 11.2MB) - click here.
Poynton SEA screening report (PDF, 2.5MB) - click here.
Regulation 7 - Neighbourhood Area Designation:
Poynton neighbourhood area recommendation report (PDF, 255KB) - click here.
Poynton neighbourhood area decision notice (PDF, 259KB) - click here.
Regulation 6 - Poynton neighbourhood area application notice (PDF, 262KB) - click here.
Regulation 5 - Neighbourhood Area: Neighbourhood area consultation is closed and complete.