Management and Establishment Committee
NOTE: as a result of Government advice regarding social distancing, all council committee meetings and working groups are suspended at this time and the Annual Town Assembly has been postponed until to the 18th May 2020.
Remit, Agendas and Minutes
1. To develop and review the Town Council’s strategic plan and work load (see SO 44)
2. To ensure that the Town council’s strategic policies and procedures are undertaken in accordance with statutory and legislative requirements
3. To work with the Town Clerk to ensure that the Town Council is staffed sufficiently to provide for the effective operation of the Town Council and the Civic Hall.
4. To recruit and appoint members of staff.
5. To monitor staff workloads, working conditions, work/life balance and wellbeing.
6. To draft and recommend for adoption, the procedures for dealing with discipline and grievances.
7. To establish a Performance Management/Appraisal policy for all members of staff.
8. To conduct the Performance Management /Appraisal of the Town Clerk.
9. To review the Town Council’s Standing Orders.
10. To administer the Town Council’s Internal Complaints Procedures.
11. To consider and approve nominations for the annual Civic Awards.
12. To insure the induction and training of new councillors, including both external and internal training.
13. To take action with regard to any other issues concerning staffing and all management of Poynton Town Council not specified above.
14. To record and monitor fund-raising from the Mayor’s activities.
15. To manage administrative support for the Mayoral activities.
16. To be responsible for all aspects of reviewing health and safety policy and monitoring health and safety incidents.
17. To be responsible for the Town Council’s annual report.
18. The committee acts as the line manager in all matters relating to the clerk.
19. To set up task and finish groups or working groups as required, to then be approved at the next Town Council meeting.
Details of other Council Committees can be found on the Standing Committees page and a full list of which councillors sit on each committee and those who are representatives to outside bodies can be found here.
Committee - more details on members can be found on the Councillors/Officers page.
Mrs Jo Sewart – Chairman
Mrs Nicky Wylie – Vice Chairman
Mrs Jos Saunders
Ms Hayley Whittaker
All Council meetings to the end of the Civic Year are listed in the calendar (most start at 8pm) and you can download a document (*PDF) listing them here. The meeting agendas and minutes are also *PDF files.
*PDF documents require Adobe Reader to view them.
Management & Establishment Committee Meetings - Agendas and Minutes
All meetings start at 8pm unless stated.
16th March 2020
20th January 2020
6th January 2020 at 7pm
2nd December 2019 at 7.15pm
14th October 2019
8th July 2019
1st April 2019
11th February 2019
1st October 2018
9th July 2018
16th April 2018
4th April 2018
29th January 2018
29th November 2017
25th September 2017
10th July 2017
3rd April 2017
9th January 2017
28th November 2016
3rd October 2016
4th July 2016
11th April 2016
Extraordinary Meeting 29th March 2016
Extraordinary Meeting 21st March 2016
Extraordinary Meeting 22nd February 2016
Extraordinary Meeting 15th February 2016
8th February 2016
Meeting 13th January 2016 at 8pm - view agenda
Main matters arising: Request for Leave of Absence received from Cllr Mrs Lorde and request for increased staffing.
View minutes of the 13th January 2015 meeting.
Meeting 7th December 2015 at 7pm - view agenda
Main matters arising: Business processes of the Town Council/Article for the Poynton Post titled “The Old and the New Clerk”/ Update from the Standing Orders Task and Finish Group
View minutes of the 7th December 2015 meeting.
Meeting 19th October 2015at 8pm - view agenda
Main matters arising: Review of Standing Orders / Project Management and communications / Website updates / Business processes / New Clerk media release / Christmas and New Year opening times
View minutes of the 19th October meeting.
Meeting - Monday 27th July at 7.15pm - Meeting Cancelled
Additional Meeting Agenda - 6th July 2015 at 7.15pm - view agenda
Main matters arising: Town Clerk recruitment/ 2015 Civic Awards
View minutes of the 6th July 2015 meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 29th June 2015 at 8pm - view agenda
Main matters arising: Working and Task and Finish Groups/ Town Clerk’s early retirement/ Staffing update/ 2015 Civic Awards (PART B)
View minutes of the 29th June 2015 meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 17th March 2015 at 8pm - view agenda
Meeting Agenda - 16th December 2014 at 8pm - view agenda
Meeting Agenda - 28th October 2014 at 8pm - view agenda
Main matters arising: Recording/reporting of Council meetings: Staffing update.
View minutes of the 28th October 2014 meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 23rd September 2014 - view agenda
Main matters arising: Member’s interests; Previous minutes; Outcome of a complaint; Recording of Council meetings; Resource and staffing
View minutes of the 23rd September meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 30th July 2014 - view agenda
Main matters arising: Town Council Civic Award criteria/ Recording of Town Council meetings/ Use of Part B/ Staffing update
View minutes of the 30th July meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 1st July 2014 - view agenda
Main matters arising: Town Council Civic Awards 2014 / Staffing update
View minutes of the 1st July meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 15th April 2014 - view agenda
Main matters arising: Management of meetings / resource and staffing update.
View minutes of the 15th April 2014 meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 4th March 2014 - view agenda
Main matters arising: Handbook for Town Council employees/ Workload streams matrix/ Information Technology and Communications, Equal Opportunities and Confidential Reporting Policies/ Town Council achievements/ Complaint brought against a Member/ Complaint made by the Mayor/ Staffing update.
View minutes of the 4th March 2014 meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 21st January 2014 - view agenda
Main issues covered: Staff Disciplinary - Dismissal Procedure/ Handbook for Town Council employees/ Workload streams matrix/ Action taken under SO 51 with regard to a complaint brought by the Mayor/ Revised employment contracts.
View minutes of the 21st January 2014 meeting.