Sun 8th Nov 2020 (11.00am)
Due to COVID restrictions we are unable to hold a parade or commemoration at St George’s Church. Please ‘Remember At Home’ by observing 2 mins silence at 11.00am. More details.
Take the Poynton Pledge
Town Mayor, Cllr Lee Podmore, has launched the 'Poynton Pledge' - a community themed initiative encouraging people to Support Local and Think Green. Read more about the Poynton Pledge.
Management and Establishment Committee
Remit, Agendas and Minutes
1. To develop and review the Town Council’s strategic plan and work load (see SO 44)
2. To ensure that the Town council’s strategic policies and procedures are undertaken in accordance with statutory and legislative requirements
3. To work with the Town Clerk to ensure that the Town Council is staffed sufficiently to provide for the effective operation of the Town Council and the Civic Hall.
4. To recruit and appoint members of staff.
5. To monitor staff workloads, working conditions, work/life balance and wellbeing.
6. To draft and recommend for adoption, the procedures for dealing with discipline and grievances.
7. To establish a Performance Management/Appraisal policy for all members of staff.
8. To conduct the Performance Management /Appraisal of the Town Clerk.
9. To review the Town Council’s Standing Orders.
10. To administer the Town Council’s Internal Complaints Procedures.
11. To consider and approve nominations for the annual Civic Awards.
12. To insure the induction and training of new councillors, including both external and internal training.
13. To take action with regard to any other issues concerning staffing and all management of Poynton Town Council not specified above.
14. To record and monitor fund-raising from the Mayor’s activities.
15. To manage administrative support for the Mayoral activities.
16. To be responsible for all aspects of reviewing health and safety policy and monitoring health and safety incidents.
17. To be responsible for the Town Council’s annual report.
18. The committee acts as the line manager in all matters relating to the clerk.
19. To set up task and finish groups or working groups as required, to then be approved at the next Town Council meeting.
Details of other Council Committees can be found on the Standing Committees page and a full list of which councillors sit on each committee and those who are representatives to outside bodies can be found here.
Committee - more details on members can be found on the Councillors/Officers page.
Mrs Jo Sewart – Chairman
Mrs Nicky Wylie – Vice Chairman
Mrs Jos Saunders
Ms Hayley Whittaker
Council meetings are listed in a calendar (most start at 8pm) and you can download a document (*PDF) listing them here. The meeting agendas and minutes are also *PDF files.
Most documents are PDFs and require Adobe Reader to view them.
Management & Establishment Committee Meetings - Agendas and Minutes
All meetings start at 8pm unless stated.
Meeting 13th January 2016 at 8pm - view agenda
View minutes of the 13th January 2015 meeting.
Meeting 7th December 2015 at 7pm - view agenda
View minutes of the 7th December 2015 meeting.
Meeting 19th October 2015at 8pm - view agenda
View minutes of the 19th October meeting.
Meeting - Monday 27th July at 7.15pm - Meeting Cancelled
Additional Meeting Agenda - 6th July 2015 at 7.15pm - view agenda
View minutes of the 6th July 2015 meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 29th June 2015 at 8pm - view agenda
View minutes of the 29th June 2015 meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 17th March 2015 at 8pm - view agenda
Meeting Agenda - 16th December 2014 at 8pm - view agenda
Meeting Agenda - 28th October 2014 at 8pm - view agenda
View minutes of the 28th October 2014 meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 23rd September 2014 - view agenda
View minutes of the 23rd September meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 30th July 2014 - view agenda
View minutes of the 30th July meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 1st July 2014 - view agenda
View minutes of the 1st July meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 15th April 2014 - view agenda
View minutes of the 15th April 2014 meeting.
Meeting Agenda - 4th March 2014 - view agenda
View minutes of the 4th March 2014 meeting.