The Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for heavy rain in Poynton from Tuesday 19th January 2021. More information lower down the page.
A Message from the Mayor
See Poynton Town Mayor, Cllr. Lee Podmore's, message of thanks to residents, discover details of his role during the Covid-19 pandemic and read his New Year message further down this page.
Covid-19 and supporting vulnerable residents in Poynton
We are aware there may be some clinically extremely vulnerable residents who do not have support systems and Poynton Town Council will do what we can to support. Full details here.
Management and Establishment Committee
Remit, Agendas and Minutes
1. To develop and review the Town Council’s strategic plan and work load (see SO 44)
2. To ensure that the Town council’s strategic policies and procedures are undertaken in accordance with statutory and legislative requirements
3. To work with the Town Clerk to ensure that the Town Council is staffed sufficiently to provide for the effective operation of the Town Council and the Civic Hall.
4. To recruit and appoint members of staff.
5. To monitor staff workloads, working conditions, work/life balance and wellbeing.
6. To draft and recommend for adoption, the procedures for dealing with discipline and grievances.
7. To establish a Performance Management/Appraisal policy for all members of staff.
8. To conduct the Performance Management /Appraisal of the Town Clerk.
9. To review the Town Council’s Standing Orders.
10. To administer the Town Council’s Internal Complaints Procedures.
11. To consider and approve nominations for the annual Civic Awards.
12. To insure the induction and training of new councillors, including both external and internal training.
13. To take action with regard to any other issues concerning staffing and all management of Poynton Town Council not specified above.
14. To record and monitor fund-raising from the Mayor’s activities.
15. To manage administrative support for the Mayoral activities.
16. To be responsible for all aspects of reviewing health and safety policy and monitoring health and safety incidents.
17. To be responsible for the Town Council’s annual report.
18. The committee acts as the line manager in all matters relating to the clerk.
19. To set up task and finish groups or working groups as required, to then be approved at the next Town Council meeting.
Details of other Council Committees can be found on the Standing Committees page and a full list of which councillors sit on each committee and those who are representatives to outside bodies can be found here.
Committee - more details on members can be found on the Councillors/Officers page.
Mrs Jo Sewart – Chairman
Mrs Nicky Wylie – Vice Chairman
Mrs Jos Saunders
Ms Hayley Whittaker
Council meetings are listed in a calendar (most start at 8pm) and you can download a document (*PDF) listing them here. The meeting agendas and minutes are also *PDF files.
Most documents are PDFs and require Adobe Reader to view them.
Management & Establishment Committee Meetings - Agendas and Minutes
All meetings start at 8pm unless stated.
22nd February 2021
19th January 2021
2nd November 2020
27th July 2020
16th March 2020
20th January 2020
6th January 2020
2nd December 2019
14th October 2019
8th July 2019
1st April 2019
11th February 2019
1st October 2018
9th July 2018