The Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for heavy rain in Poynton from Tuesday 19th January 2021. More information lower down the page.
A Message from the Mayor
See Poynton Town Mayor, Cllr. Lee Podmore's, message of thanks to residents, discover details of his role during the Covid-19 pandemic and read his New Year message further down this page.
Covid-19 and supporting vulnerable residents in Poynton
We are aware there may be some clinically extremely vulnerable residents who do not have support systems and Poynton Town Council will do what we can to support. Full details here.
Planning and Environment Committee
Remit, Agendas and Minutes
1. To prepare an annual draft budget that is sufficient to fund the Committee’s priorities, objectives and activities, and to have outline spending plans for any accumulated Earmarked Reserves.
2. To make recommendations to the Cheshire East planning authority on all planning applications and related issues concerning Poynton (e.g. tree works, planning enforcement).
3. To monitor and take appropriate action on those new road schemes concerning Poynton.
4. To monitor and take appropriate action on planning issues in neighbouring areas that could impact on Poynton (e.g. development of the former BAE Systems Woodford site).
5. To receive, and where appropriate, respond to notifications of Planning Appeals.
6. To make representations as appropriate regarding licence applications/ transfers/renewals where these are brought to the Town Council’s attention.
7. To receive, and where appropriate, respond to consultations relating to planning and associated matters, including the Local Plan.
8. To respond to and take appropriate action on any environmental issues affecting Poynton (e.g. fly tipping, air monitoring, bin collections).
9. As the ‘Qualifying Body’, to sponsor, lead and help progress the Poynton Neighbourhood Plan.
10. To take action with regard to any other planning or environmental issues not specified above.
11. To set up task and finish groups or working groups as required, to then be approved at the next Town Council meeting.
Details of other Council Committees can be found on the Standing Committees page and a full list of which councillors sit on each committee and those who are representatives to outside bodies can be found here.
Committee - more details on members can be found on the Councillors/Officers page.
Laurence Clarke – Chairman
Ms Hayley Whittaker -Vice Chairman
Mrs Jos Saunders
Council meetings are listed in a calendar (most start at 8pm) and you can download a document (*PDF) listing them here. The meeting agendas and minutes are also *PDF files.
Most documents are PDFs and require Adobe Reader to view them.
Following the referendum on the Poynton Neighbourhood Plan, it was a resounding yes from voters with 88% of people who voted, voting yes to the Neighbourhood Plan.
The turnout for the referendum was 25.22% of registered voters, with a total of 2919 votes being cast, including postal votes. Full details on the Neighbourhood Plan page.
Planning and Environment Committee Meetings - Agendas and Minutes
All meetings start at 8pm unless stated.
Although the Town Council’s committees don’t meet in August the Planning & Environment Committee still consider all applications which it receives from Cheshire East. The Town Council is a consultee and it sends comments to Cheshire East on applications that it receives.
Details of the planning applications currently being considered and how to comment to the Town Council can be found below. The Town Council would strongly urge all members of the public interested in particular applications to comment directly to Cheshire East as the Planning Authority.
25th January 2021
4th January 2021
14th December 2020
16th November 2020
26th October 2020
5th October 2020
14th September 2020
24th August 2020
Planning applications received for consideration by Poynton Town Council - click here.
13th July 2020
29th June 2020 - Virtual Meeting
Recommendations submitted to Cheshire East Council on the following dates:
8th June 2020 - read here.
18th May 2020 - read here.
20th April 2020 - read here.
30th March 2020 - read here.
9th March 2020
17th February 2020
27th January 2020
6th January 2020
2nd December 2019
11th November 2019
21st October 2019
30th September 2019
9th September 2019
19th August 2019
22nd July 2019
1st July 2019
10th June 2019 at 7.15pm
20th May 2019
29th April 2019
15th April 2019 at 7.15pm
25th March 2019
11th March 2019
28th January 2019
7th January 2019
17th December 2018
26th November 2018
5th November 2018
15th October 2018
24th September 2018
3rd September 2018
30th July 2018
2nd July 2018
11th June 2018
14th May 2018
*Note: Application 17/5004M – 2&4 London Road South, Poynton, SK12 1NJ will be considered under SO19 (Urgent Business) subject to formal approval by the Committee.